My Blog List

Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Better Late Than Never

Father's Day was two days ago and I'm just now getting to this, but the fact that I am so late doesn't speak to my lack of gratitude for what a wonderful father B is! I'm just late but for good reason! We spent the day Sunday spending time with B and yesterday I was just plain lazy. So since I've gotten Y down for a nap I figured I'd go ahead and write this post telling you all what you already know...and that is how awesome a dad B is! He was literally born to be a dad and I am so very fortunate to have his love an influence on the life of our child(ren). Y is truly the luckiest girl in the world and if you can judge by the look on her face each day when her daddy comes in from work, then you can tell that she knows how lucky she is. No matter what she is doing, when she hears the lock on the door turn at that time of day she always stops and looks towards the door. It reminds me of that primary song called Daddy's Homecoming. For those of you who don't know it, the lyrics are:

I'm so glad when daddy comes home,
Glad as I can be;
Clap my hands and shout for joy,
Then climb up on his knee,
Put my arms around his neck,
Hug him tight like this,
Pat his cheeks, then give him a what?
A great big kiss!

I also want to take a quick line or so to express my love for my own dad who, though he can be a bit hard to swallow and even difficult to love at times, I truly have grown to appreciate and love him for who he is and I really truly love to see him interact with Y and all of my nieces and nephews. I also have a wonderful father-in-law (who helped raise an awesome son) who is funny, kind-hearted, generous, and always there when you need him. I am sure beyond sure that were it not for these two men, Brandon and myself would likely be very different people.

So even though it's late, I am expressing my sincere gratitude for all the father's in my life...I'm a pretty lucky girl!

Here are some pictures from Sunday's walk in the park:

1 comment:

Claudia said...

These are the best pics ever! Her funny facial expressions rival her dad's! :D