Friday, April 25, 2008

It's A...

Well after a long 20 weeks of anticipation we finally know what we're having!! It was well worth the wait although we thought we would have to wait much longer, like until the baby was born. For me trying to sleep last night was like a five year old waiting for Christmas morning. I woke up every hour on the hour wondering if it was morning yet. Around 7am I finally just gave up on sleeping and got up. Anyway, our appointment was set for 1pm and we got there a couple minutes early, luckily we didn't have to wait too long because that 40 ounces of water that I had to drink was weighing on my bladder and they would not let me go to the potty until the ultrasound was done. So when they finally started it the sonographer's first statement was, "I hope you guys want it to be a surprise because this baby is breach." Turns out that the baby had it's butt tucked down towards my cervix and then legs crossed Indian style. Needless to say I guess our baby's a prude. So finally she did a lot of shaking and moving my belly around until the baby woke up and moved around so that she could see what we were having. So we found out and everything looked great and we had an appointment with the doctor right after the ultrasound which went well as well. However, when we hit the parking lot and we leaving, some insane woman decides that she's going to back into our car. So we had fun exchanging insurance information and then she turns to say that since she was backing up, she had the right of way. At that point I had it and slightly lost it, I mean seriously, what kinda idiot thinks that you have the right of way when you're going in reverse. I mean just from looking at the amount of damage done to our car it was obvious that she either didn't check behind her or she ignored the fact that someone is behind her. So needless to say all of the things we had planned for today were not accomplished because we spent the day going to a police station (which was pointless because the other driver wouldn't go) and on the phone going back and forth between our insurance company and hers and then finally going to get an estimate on the cost of fixing the car. So after filing the claim with her insurance and our insurance I think everything is settled now, we just have to get a new rear left door which is supposed to be done next week. So anyway, you've probably noticed that I haven't mentioned what we're having yet...well that's intentional, I'm going to make you wait (for those of you who don't already know) until I finish typing all this wonderful information. We were able to get some short videos of the baby as well as a couple of pictures so enjoy looking at them!












So I suppose you have waited long enough after reading all that and seeing all the pictures I will share with you what we're having. It's a...

GIRL!!!!!

Needless to say we're very happy to be having a girl in that that's what we both really wanted, but in the end we're more excited to know that she's healthy. So I guess this is your first official introduction to I. Fox!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Mommy & Daddy!!
Your daughter is beautiful. She looks very content in there. lol. How amazing, getting to see her on the ultrasound. Thanks for posting the images (for us all to see).
Aunt Janice
P.S.: Sorry the rest of your day was so stressful.

Unknown said...

Loving the pink background!!!!!!

Aunt Janice

David and Jana said...

The pink gave it away before you told!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I love the little videos and all the pictures. I'm so glad for your health Umeka! We couldn't be happier for you all!