Monday, June 4, 2012

Peaches

Q has several nicknames that we use interchangeably around here and I'm thinking that we may have to add one to the list - Peaches! 

I'm a fairly predictable person, I have a banana every morning with my breakfast but on this particular morning I was out of bananas so I pulled out 2 peaches instead.  I didn't plan on eating both but took out a second and cleaned it just in case Y decided she wanted one too.  Well sure enough I take one bite into the peach and Y asks for a bite of it and then asks for the whole peach.  It was no big deal, I was prepared for that happening.

As I began to eat the second peach I noticed that Q was staring at me, well actually she was staring at me eating the peach so I decided to put it to her lips so she could have a taste.  She proceeded to suck on it, I assume she was getting some of the juice from the peach.  After several seconds I took it back and began eating again and Q began staring again so I put it to her mouth again.  She again began to suck on it but then she just reached up and pulled it completely out of my hand - she was gumming my peach and would not let me have it back.  She sat in her chair for another half an hour eating my peach and would not give it back to me until she was done.  And at that point there was nothing left for mommy.

When I posted this photo on Facebook a friend pointed out that it looks like she's prepared to punch me if I tried to take the peach.  I hadn't noticed it previously but she might be on to something there.  Not sure if she would have punched me but she definitely would have thrown quite the fit.
Photobucket

No comments: