Monday, April 2, 2012

Q at 8 Months

Q is still one of the sweetest, most mellow babies I have encountered!  She smiles at pretty much everyone, especially when they comment on how beautiful she is, and when I have meetings or other church related stuff you hardly hear a peep out of her.  But don't be fooled, this girl is a talker!  If there's a toy in her hand more than likely she is babbling to it.

She can also prove to be quite demanding, most of the time that involves food and any item that she wants but I won't let her have, namely my cellphone and iPod.  She's a really good eater so far she has eaten everything I've given her with the exception of those little Gerber puffs, she's not a fan of that.  Also, the days of being able to hold her while I eat are long gone!  In fact if she even sees me chewing while I'm holding her she opens her mouth and starts to move it towards my face as if she's going to eat me, it makes me laugh every time but for some reason she never does this with B.  Maybe because she associates me with food.  She throws fits if she wants something that someone else has, as mentioned above.  Mostly with me it's my phone or iPod but she's also done it with Y a few times over a toy that Y happens to be playing with.

As far as gross motor skills go, she has continued to roll over.  Many people told me about how when their child started rolling they'd use it to get from one place to another until they learned to crawl.  Yeah, that's definitely not Q!  If you put her on her stomach she will almost immediately roll over to her back, grab the closest toy and be content with it.  When she tires of that toy she will roll over onto her side and reach for a new toy, once she has the toy in hand...back to the back she goes!  haha, I'm pretty sure she's going to skip crawling all together or she'll crawl like Y did initially, scooting on her back like an upside down inchworm!  She is pretty steady at sitting by herself now though we always have to stay close of have a pillow behind her because she likes to throw herself backwards at random.

She's happy and healthy and so much fun.  She loves to laugh at her big sister and her big sister loves to make her laugh.  I really love watching them together in moments like that.  B and I sure are lucky!










Photobucket

No comments: