Monday, April 2, 2012

Easter Egg Hunt

Y has never been to an Easter Egg Hunt...with other children.  We've had one every year since she could walk but since she (prior to this year) had no siblings and no cousins anywhere close, she didn't have any competition in those hunts.  And we were always out of town or otherwise busy for the church Easter Egg Hunts.  So this year we decided we'd sign her up for our township Easter Egg Hunt.

I had anticipated an Easter Egg Hunt like that of my youth, where we dashed around trying to find the most eggs - it was a competition.  So when we arrived I was more than surprised to see that there was a line which curved around in a parking lot.  You waited in this line to go to different "booths" to find an egg hidden under straw which had been laid in the parking lot.

It was neat and well organized and while I understand why they do it that way, I really wanted her to experience what I consider to be a real Easter Egg Hunt.  In the end, each child got the same number of eggs and the same amount of candy and prizes but I missed the competition aspect of it.  I guess what truly matters is that Y had a fun time - and she did.  Looks like I'll have to wait for Q and any unborn siblings to get older so we can have those competitive hunts at home.

They also had a few animals there for the children to pet but Y would only pet the bunnies.  The other animals were a piglet, chicken, calf, and a momma goat with her baby.





Photobucket

No comments: