Thursday, March 1, 2012

Acorns

Y, like many kids her age and even older, picks her nose.  I know even many adults pick their nose at some point but most at least do it in private.  Well that's not the case with Y, she will pick her nose pretty much anywhere and lately I've been trying to correct her and I figure that the best way to get her to not do it in public is to get her to stop doing it at home.  What follows is a very brief discussion on the topic which happened today as she picker her nose:

Me:  Y, do you need a tissue?
Y:  No.
Me:  Do you need a Q-tip?
Y:  No.
Me:  But you're picking boogies and a tissue or Q-tip might help you.
Y:  I'm not picking boogies, I'm picking acorns.
Me:  (Delayed reaction attempting to think of what to say next) Acorns can't fit in your nose, sweetie.
Y:  (Very matter of factly with a serious face)  They're small acorns.
Me: Laughing, a lot!

I thought of saying something about squirrels and acorns but then decided against it because squirrels eat their acorns and since she hasn't ventured to the point of tasting her "acorns" yet, I figured I'd leave well enough alone!

Photobucket

No comments: