Monday, December 12, 2011

Happy Birthday

Today is B's 31st birthday.  Being as it's a Monday which also happens to be our designated grocery shopping day, we didn't really do much to celebrate.  After grocery shopping we had pizza (his favorite food), he and Y had birthday donuts (it's his birthday but he allowed her to pick his birthday treat) and then he went off to the gym for a workout.  Later in the week we will go out and all have dinner together at the restaurant of his choice.  It's been a much more low key birthday for him this year as compared to last year.

There are certain times each year when I really realized just how blessed we are to have him be the head of our household.  He's kind, he's gentle, and he's loving.  I know all this about him and I always appreciate those things about him but there's nothing like a special occasion to help remind you even more.  We (me and the girls) are among the luckiest females to ever walk this earth all because he is a part of our lives.  We can rest assured that he will always put our needs (and even our wants) above his own.  He will do all that is in his power for us to be happy.  When we are feeling our worst and thinking little of ourselves, he will be the first one to point out all the good things that may be overshadowed at the moment.  When we are unsure, he will be our biggest cheerleader encouraging us to continue on.  When we fail, he will not criticize and he will never say "I told you so."  And when we get angry and yell at him, he will not yell back.  He's not perfect but he sure is a wonderful example of what we should all strive to be.  I (we) love him for all that he is and for all that he is not!

Since he's now 31, here's 31 things that I love about him:
  1. I love how he can think of a quote from a movie in the most random situation or setting.
  2. I love his laugh, not his fake laugh but the laugh that he does when he finds something hilarious.
  3. I love those 2 moles on either side of his nose.
  4. I love to watch him play with our girls.
  5. I love that he's a worthy Priesthood holder.
  6. I love that I will never have to pay to have our computer repaired.
  7. I love that when someone calls him asking about a computer problem or even just to help them create something using the computer he will do whatever he can to help them.
  8. I love his little grumbles when I ask him to do something he doesn't really wanna do.
  9. I love his fake little whimpers after I've cooked a big meal and I remind him that he has to do the dishes.
  10. I love that even though he loves chocolate ice cream he knows that I hate it and thus he will only buy non-chocolate based ice creams.
  11. I love that even though he hates getting up early, he wakes up each weekday morning at 4:20am to prepare for work and then does the same most Sunday mornings so that he can be at church for his meetings.
  12. I love how he smiles even when I know someone (not me) is annoying him.  They will never know...but I can tell!
  13. I love how honest he is, always.
  14. I love that he doesn't just tell me what I want to hear.
  15. I love that he realizes that even though I'm home with the girls all day that it can still be really hard for me to get things done.  He realizes that the two of them take up most of my time and never asks me what I did all day if the house isn't spotless.
  16. I love that he doesn't see cleaning the house as just my responsibility.
  17. I love his patience.
  18. I love that even during the times that I don't feel attractive, he makes sure to remind me that he thinks I'm hot!
  19. I love that he supports what I want to do, even if he has absolutely no interest in it whatsoever.
  20. I love his ability to remain calm at moments when I would completely lose my temper.
  21. I love it when we're walking or riding in the car or sitting in church and he grabs my hand - granted it doesn't happen nearly as often with 2 very young kids.
  22. I love waking up next to him on the few mornings that we're actually able to get up at the same time.
  23. I love how he allows my wants to supersede his own.
  24. I love how he's taught me to be more financially cautious without counting ever penny I spend or making me feel guilty about spending.
  25. I love that I can make fun of him when he's being grouchy and he not get offended.  (YES, he gets grouchy)!
  26. I love his dependability.
  27. I love that he loves my crazy family.
  28. I love it when he sees that I'm a little preoccupied and so he will cook dinner AND do the dishes even though the person who cooks isn't supposed to do the dishes.
  29. I love that he kills all the spiders that I find even though he hates them too.
  30. I love his perseverance, if there's something he wants he never gives up.
  31. I love that I have the ability so spend Time and all Eternity with him!!!!!
I have one amazing husband!!!

Photobucket

No comments: