I've been extremely fortunate to have had two really "good" babies for the most part. Q, much like Y was, is happy the majority of the time. She loves to laugh and play, she is just a good-natured baby. She has started blowing little spit bubbles and making all sorts of noises. She smiles and interacts a little more with her big sister.
I've been waiting to write this post until she goes in for her 4 month well baby visit but it's not until Wednesday and so I just caved and decided to go ahead and post it (I'll post another with her stats later in the week). I've already taken her in to have her shots - which we have done at the health department because our insurance doesn't cover any preventative care (weird, I know) and the health dept. is always cheaper than having her pediatrician's office do it. She took those 2 needles like a champ, only crying for a short moment at the end of the second shot. So far, with both girls, they've never been fussy after having their shots - they sleep it off instead!
She may be starting solids this month, but it's something I intend to discuss with her doctor first. She still has reflux and so I'm wondering if maybe we should hold off on solids until she is 6 months. I'm not sure how she'll take to it anyway, she doesn't seem to want much in her mouth that isn't human skin - either mine or hers. When I have her seated on my lap she will use her hand to pull my hand up to her mouth so that she can suck on my hand. It can be quite funny to watch since 4 month olds still have fairly limited motor skills. I've started to notice that when there is something she wants she will attempt to move towards it, I don't mean she's crawling or anything of the sort, rather that she will lean towards it or try to sit up or straighten her body to get closer to the object. I am truly fascinated by all of the changes that she going through, every baby does it but I really feel like this time around I'm noticing so much more. But maybe that has everything to do with what I said earlier about not rushing through each stage.
Here are some pictures which I took on Thursday, when she actually turned 4 months old.
No comments:
Post a Comment