Thursday, November 3, 2011

3 Months Old!

On Tuesday, Q turned 3 months old and so, as has become tradition, I had to take some photos to upload to the blog and write a post about her.


At some point during the last month I was really able to begin to relax and fall into a more settled routine with all the chaos around here.  Q truly seems to be a completely different baby these days - the fussy baby of old seems to be a thing of the past!  She is sleeping great, she's slept through the night for the past 2 days waking at 7:40am and 8:40am respectively.  And even prior to that she would only wake up once per night between 4-5am and then go back to sleep until somewhere between 8-9am.  She loves to coo and babble what seems to be constantly at times. 

She is also a great nurser, so much so that she had started refusing the bottle.  I say "had" because while visiting with friends on Tuesday one offered to attempt to give her a bottle and she drank it all with little or no fussing...little stinker!  So today I tried it before heading out to the gym but it didn't work, she screamed her head off until she finally gave up and fell asleep (then I woke her and nursed her before leaving).  Then while I was cooking dinner she wanted to eat and so I told B to give her a bottle.  He tried to give it to her while standing close to me and she wasn't having it.  He moved a little farther away and guess what?  Yep, she drank the bottle!

She loves to be talked to and 99% of the time when you talk to her she will "talk" back and she always has a smile waiting when we talk to her.  She's never been a girl to take a pacifier but she has managed to discover her fingers and unless she's eating or sleeping (we still swaddle her) the chances are good that you'll find those hands in or near her mouth.  For those who are wondering:  yes, she does still have those blue eyes though there's still time for them to change.  And honestly, sometimes they appear to be more gray depending on the lighting.  We're still battling reflux though with the medication she's much, much better.

I am often asked about the differences in temperament between Y and Q now that things are a bit more settled.  And while both were/are relatively happy babies, Q seems to be a bit more high maintenance than Y was.  Q is very particular as to how she likes to be held and even when she likes to be held.  It always amazes people that majority of the time she'd rather you laid her on a blanket on the floor than to have anyone hold her.  She can literally be in a super fussy mood but the moment you lay her on the floor, all is well with the world!  But even given their differences we love them just the same and can't wait until they start to grow and play together.

I know all of the pictures included here are pretty much the same but they're all so cute and I love all the different facial expressions that I had a hard time narrowing it down and just choosing a couple.  So you get a collage instead.  And I can finally say, by viewing these and other photos that we've taken, Q looks like my mom.  It took us a while to figure out exactly who she favored but after seeing these pictures it's pretty undeniable! Needless to say this makes my mom very, very happy!


Photobucket

No comments: