My Blog List

Blog Archive

Friday, August 5, 2011

The Gift

One of the first things my doctor said to me when he entered the delivery room was that he was disappointed. Disappointed because he had ordered something for me but it wasn't scheduled to arrive until Friday (today, the day I would have had my C-Section). I immediately wondered what it was but he wouldn't tell me what it was. I was pretty sure I knew though. I knew it would likely be something for the baby and it would probably have some University of Virginia emblem on it (he always jokes with me that he's delivering future Wahoos/Cavaliers when he sees me).

So today we receive a call from Dr. L and he asks if someone in my family could drive to his office (not me because i can't drive for another week and a half) and pick something up. I told him I'd send Brandon to get it. When Brandon came back I was totally surprised when I opened the box. In one aspect it had indeed been what I was expecting, it was definitely a gift for the baby. But I opened the box to find this:



I never would have thought that he would order Virginia Tech gear, he being such an avid hater of all things Virginia Tech.

I was not only impressed that he got us Virginia Tech gear but also that he got us anything at all - I don't imagine it's something he does for all his patients. Maybe he thinks as much of us as we think of him! One thing's for certain, I couldn't imagine having a better doctor!

Photobucket

2 comments:

journalist16 said...

How thoughtful, having a great Dr. makes all the difference. Quinn will look really cute on game days.

Sarah said...

Wow! I've never had that great of a doctor!