Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Why is it...

...that I can give Y a cup of water to drink and it will sit all day without her taking a single sip from it.  But if I put her in a bath with anything that even slightly resembles a cup she will inevitably fill it with water from her bath and drink it?!?

Any insight into this is welcome!

I think that it is a great disservice to parents (and to our kids) that we cannot remember our toddler years.  I'm sure if I could recall any of the mind boggling things I did as a toddler and/or preschooler then I would have abundantly more patience and understanding than I currently have.

Photobucket

2 comments:

David and Jana said...

Just don't give her cups in the bathtub! Give her things that have holes or won't hold water. That wsy, when you do give her a cup, not in the bath, she'll drink it!

B&U+2 said...

That would definitely solve the bathtub drinking issue but it won't help with getting her to drink water during the day. She has only really just started drinking the bathtub water but I've been struggling to get her to drink water since she was maybe 15 months old. The only water she will drink is Sacrament water...it drives me nuts!