My Blog List

Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

5 Years Ago...

Five years ago today I moved to Michigan.  Looking back I can still say that leaving my family in NC was one of the, if not THE, hardest thing I have ever done - it took me months to really move past it.  I resented Michigan and decided that I would hate it here.  And that's exactly what I did for a very long time and then I decided that I needed to let it go and learn to accept it.  I have done just that and whereas I can say that I still don't feel Michigan is my home, I have definitely come to accept it as the place I live and am raising our family...for now anyways!  I always find myself holding out and wishing that we will one day move back East.

But for now...I moved to Michigan five years ago and I haven't been warm since!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hey Umeka!! So fun to see your blog. I will be popping in every once and awhile . . .

I am glad you are here in Michigan too! Like you, I won't ever really feel that it is my home, but I think the fact that our family's situation is SOOO much better (ALL because of my husband's job/training situation)- things feel great here in Michigan. I do miss the sun though- it definitely is more rainy and gray than where we lived in Washington State. At least I am used to cold weather.

It's funny to read that you want to move "back east" because this IS "back east" for US- 2500 miles back east!! I know, I know, there still is several states to go to truly be on the East Coast. Ha Ha. I have never been to NC- but I bet it is beautiful!