Thursday, October 21, 2010

5 Awesome Years

Five years ago today at noon (okay it was supposed to be noon, but I was late as usual so I'm not sure what time it was really but since it was scheduled for noon...we'll go with noon!)  I married my best friend, my confidante, my love, my life's greatest blessing, my eternal companion, and if I believed in such a thing I'd even call him my soulmate.  We've had good times and bad times, prosperous times and times that were not so prosperous.  We've gone from having very little to having more than we thought possible and to a lot of people that still not be much but to us it is everything!  We've had very few "real" arguments but that's mostly because B just refuses to argue with me and I really hate fighting all by myself.  We've created a beautiful child who lights up our world every second of every day and we have plans of doing it all over again!  We both have little quirks that sometimes wear on the nerves of the other but we truly believe that "love conquers all" and so we redirect our focus.

The past five years have flown by and they have really been the greatest of my life thus far.  I know that as we continue on our journey together things will only get better and the love will only get stronger.

Each year on our anniversary we take a picture of our family and place that photo in our wedding album so that we can look back over our years together and see how our family has changed.  Here is our picture from this year:


1 comment:

Sarah said...

I remember when you newlyweds moved into the ward! We had only been in the ward a few months ourselves. Congratulations!