Wow, I do believe that this has been the longest hiatus from blogging that I've ever taken. It's definitely not that I haven't been thinking about blogging, because I have, I just had a very important deadline to meet and so every spare minute I had was put into that project. So this post is strictly dedicated to updating you on the going-ons of our life the past few weeks.
Condo: My last post was a copy and paste of an email (lame, I know) which I sent to our family members regarding the very disappointing news we received. Well, we received that call on a Monday afternoon and on Tuesday night we went to view 4 other places. To make a long story short after we looked at the four there was really only one that we would even consider. We talked about it and on Wednesday morning called our agent and asked him to get the answers to some of our questions from the selling agent because we were interested. Our agent calls back within an hours time and informs me that an offer had come in on the condo this morning and the selling agent was giving us an hour to decide if we wanted to submit an offer or not. Long story short, we passed on it - to weighty of a decision to make in an hour, plus it didn't leave time for all of our questions to be answered so in the end we just decided to not go for it. We looked for other things but as the April 30th deadline grew closer I knew that we probably weren't going to find anything and honestly, I was okay with that. So as it stands now, we are still looking around and seeing what's out there but unfortunately there's not a whole lot left now especially when you compare it to what was available when we first put in the offer on the short sale. We believe that everything happens for a reason and are remaining optimistic. We did face a dilemma in that our lease ends in June and we needed to decide whether we would sign another lease or just go month-to-month (which tacks on an additional fee to the rent each month). I told B of an idea which popped in my head, to go get a pre-approval (which are only good for 90 days) and as long as our pre-approval is valid we'll go month-to-month and if we find something within that time then we just inform our apartment office of our intent. If we do not find anything within that time frame then we do one of two things: 1) sign a new lease, 2) get another pre-approval and keep paying month-to-month.
Death in the family: Last week B's Granddad died. He had prostate cancer and due to his age (86) it was decided that they wouldn't treat the cancer just the pain it caused. We all knew it was coming but I don't think even having that knowledge can truly prepare you for someones death. I first met Grandpa Charlie back in 2004 when I first visited Canada. You always hear people say in regards to someone else that "he/she never knew a stranger" well that pretty much summed up Grandpa Charlie. Relatively speaking I didn't know him that long or really even that well but I always enjoyed being in his presence, he told great stories of places he had travelled and it was absolutely amazing the things that he could remember.
I only ever knew one of my grandfathers but even he died when I was only 8 years old. The memories that I do have of my granddad weren't all pleasant (he was kind of a mean old man who showed love in his own way and on his own terms) so it wasn't until I first met Grandpa Charlie that I realized that those "TV granddads" really do exist. You know the ones like you see on the Werther's Original commercials; you see him playing with and spending time with his grandchildren and of course unwrapping the piece of candy to share with them. I am grateful that I was blessed with the opportunity to him, he is missed and loved by all who knew him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment