Friday, May 28, 2010

Just in time...

The pool here in our apartment complex opens tomorrow, so I guess I finished her swimsuit coverup just in time! When I originially started it, I was using only the torquoise and the purple to make the stripes then I ended up stopping this in order to start making Q's bolero for Mother's Day. I ended up with an entire unused skein of which yarn so I decided to start the coverup over from the beginning and incorporate some white in there. Once I got a few rows done, I was so happy that I had started over because adding the white yarn really brightened it up quite a bit. It fits her a little long for now (at her knees) but I'm hoping that means she will be able to use it next summer as well. I think it's adorable and I'm actually contemplating letting her wear it as a dress sometimes as well! Anyway, here are some pictures.

3 comments:

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

You are so stinkin crafty...I need to hang out with you more!

That dress is really cute! I am sure you guys will have a great time swimming this summer!

B&U+2 said...

Years ago while we were at in Bburg who would have thought I would be crafty?!? Funny how life can change you.

Speaking of hanging out though, sometime while you guys are next door in Ohio, we need to get together!

Anonymous said...

so cute!