Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pure Joy

So we've been leading a pretty boring life these days which probably explains the lack of posts. However, I feel like I should at least give little updates on the princess who keeps you all coming back and reading.

So here goes...

This is still my favorite age with her, she is so fun, getting more independent and yet she still loves to snuggle up with mommy. She loves to be chased and constantly wants to be outside. Pretty much all day every day she says, "wanna go bye-bye" and "outside" it makes me really sad when the weather outside is crappy and I can't take her out. Last week we had several rainy days and she would literally just stand at the window and look out. She loves to climb up and down stairs and while at B's parent's place last week she got pretty good at it; she was able to climb up and down slowly all alone as long as she held on to the rail - we did of course stay close by in case something went wrong. Not all is happy-go-lucky about this stage though. Her favorite word is "no" even if it's something she actually wants. She can throw some pretty intense tantrums (though fortunately for us they are few and far between) and she hates shoes (makes me question if she's really mine, haha). And that's it...that's all the bad! I feel pretty lucky about that, there are days when she tests my patience more than others, but all-in-all I LOVE being her mommy. She is constantly adding words to her vocabulary and now songs to her knowledge base. She still sings "EIEIO" from Old McDonald, she can sing parts of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, she has "ABCDFG" (skipping the E, probably because it sounds like D and E run together) from the alphabet song, she's been signing the Barney Song for quite some time now. She still runs to me and gives me a hug whenever I have my arms stretched out. She has finally started showing some interest in playing with baby dolls, although she typically tosses them to the side when she's done. She has her daddy wrapped around her finger...and she knows it. She realizes that when mommy says no, daddy might say yes (but not if he knows what's good for him, haha).

To sum it all up...she is pure joy!!!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Hey, I'm glad you are enjoying Y!
She is beautiful!

We are coming for a short visit in a week. Hope we get to see you!