As for what's new with us, we've just been enjoying life. As you've seen Y is now taking steps and though she's not walking full time yet she is getting bolder by the day. She is officially 17 months old and I swear she just gets cuter and more fun by the day. We have been so blessed when it comes to her. She is THE happiest baby I've ever encountered and apparently the happiest and most mild mannered baby that many people have ever come across. I am constantly getting comments on how well behaved she is or how she just goes with the flow. And it is SO true. She has adapted to going to sleep on her own really well, in fact whenever I lay her in her crib, whether it be nap time or bedtime, as I leave the room I'll blow her a kiss and as I'm closing the door she always says "BYE!" I want to laugh every time she does it...it makes my heart melt. She loves hugs and kisses and I'm pretty sure we have a cheerleader in training as her newest phrase is "LET'S Go!!!" And the exclamation points are no exaggeration, i assure you. Every time she says it, she says it with such umph and gusto that you'd think she was cheering on a football or basketball team. Did I tell you how much I LOVE my little girl?!?! She is quite the character and she loves to have mommy and daddy's attention. She likes to pretend that remotes are telephones and she'll place it to her ear (or anyone else's for that matter) and say "hewo." She also knows when it's time to say prayer and if you tell her to fold her arms she always does it, though they typically don't stay folded throughout the entire prayer (no matter how short the prayer is). She recently dropped her water cup on the floor and broke it and we went out and bought her new cups. One was for water and one was for milk. Now the cups are very similar, the design on each is very slightly different, to the point that B doesn't even know the difference yet. So I will hand her the water cup and she will vigorously shake her head no. I will then take out the milk cup and give it to her and she will take it, sit down on the floor and drink to her hearts content. I have no idea how she was able to tell the difference so fast, she must have an amazing sense of detail. Did I mention how much I LOVE her?!?! haha. I hope it doesn't seem like I'm bragging but honestly I never tire of talking about her to anyone that will listen (or read).
As for other things...we've been house hunting and it's coming along. We're hoping to find a place by June which is when our lease ends. At times it's frustrating because we are looking for houses in a very specific area which narrows our choices down a little and at the same time we're "ballin' on a budget" so we want to find something that will stay around the price we pay for rent because we don't wanna cut into the amount we put into savings every month. We've found things that we like, most of which are priced really cheap because they're short sales or foreclosures but the problem we run into is that we like them...and so do a lot of others so the bidding wars begin. Fortunately, time is on our side...for now.
B plays basketball pretty much every Thursday night with the guys at church, so far their team is 2-0. I'm glad he's finally able to do it this year, every year previously he wasn't able to because of my school or for whatever reason it just didn't work with our schedule. He really loves basketball and it's been so long since he's been able to play it, he works so hard that I'm just glad it works out for him to play. I think that pretty much covers everything that's going on with us these days...I'll try to be a better blogger and not be too neglectful. 143
1 comment:
Glad to hear life's treating you well Coach. Nice to see you happy :)
Post a Comment