I have done a few sets of these in what is obviously my favorite color combinations - black, white and gray. I have even gotten so good at it that if I don't have too much else to do (good luck with that) I can complete one within 24 hours!
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Knitting
Lately I have really felt like I've been neglecting my blog and the only excuse I have is to say that I really, really, really, really enjoy knitting!!! It is my new found way to just relax and unwind. After Y is down for bed I just sit and knit while B watches TV or looks for houses on the internet. After B goes to bed I knit some more while listening to my iPod. So far I have made a lot of dish clothes for my mom and mother-in-law (I'll include a picture below). The first project I'm working on for me is a diaper keeper. If you haven't heard of this it's just a small pouch for your purse which holds a travel sized wipe case and a couple diapers. If you click the link above you can see some pictures of them. Well I knew I wanted one but decided I wanted to knit mine instead of making/buying one that is sewn. I found an awesome website called Knit Picks which has an amazing selection of yarn in the brightest, most vivid colors you will ever find! I ordered a bunch of yarn and started knitting away at my diaper keeper. I am ¾ of the way done with the knitting part then I'll just have to stitch it up, find a fabric that I wanna use as a lining and add a zipper. When it's done I'll be sure to post a picture of it...I'm really excited about it!!! After that is done I'm gonna try to learn to knit mittens. I'm thinking that I'll make Y and myself a matching mitten and scarf set! I'm beginning to scare myself with how excited I get about my knitting projects. I told my college roommate that I taught myself to knit and she got a HUGE kick out of it...I told you it's a shocker for anyone who has known me for a long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hopeI won't have to wait until next Christmas to get my dish cloths. For every month that I have to wait, I want a dish cloth. I've done a good job. You're turning out to be a better Molly Mormon than I thought. Keep up the good work. Love You.
Post a Comment