My mom leaves on Tuesday and I must say that I am really going to miss her. Not just because my apartment is so much cleaner than even my deepest cleaning but because I am really going to miss having some adult company during the day. She won't admit it but I can also tell that she's ready to get back to her chaotic routine with my dad, siblings, nieces, nephews, etc. It has been awesome having her here and I wish she could stay a bit longer but life goes on. I guess we'll just have to get pregnant and have another baby so she'll have to come back! hahaha. I actually told her that and her warning to me was that I'd better plan it out so that the baby is not born in a cold month - she says she refuses to come if there is the slightest chance of snow. So I guess that only gives me the months of June-September to have children as long as we live in the state of Michigan!
In other news...B was previously assigned to work both Thanksgiving AND Christmas this year, much to my disdain! I was not a happy camper about it but at least he has a job, right? But he did have a few remaining personal days so we were going to try to make the best of them and shoot for a long shot and have him use them by requesting off Black Friday as well as a few days after Christmas. Well it turns out that one of his co-workers really wanted to have New Year's Day off (probably so he can get wasted on New Year's Eve) so now he's going to work on Christmas Day and B will work on New Year's Day. To top it all off, he also has the 4 days following Christmas off! So we get to spend a whole 5 days together at Christmas, it's like a mini-vacation!!
No comments:
Post a Comment