- I am thankful for a relationship with my Heavenly Father and being able to talk to him each day in prayer.
- I am thankful for the Atonement of Christ which allows me to be my imperfect self yet maintain the ability to return to live with my Heavenly Father if I earnestly repent.
- I am thankful for my wonderful, amazing husband who I still feel unworthy of (but I'm so glad he's mine).
- I am thankful for my beautiful baby girl and all the joy that she brings to our lives.
- I am thankful for family and friends and the strength and encouragement they always give me.
- I am thankful for the turkey who (unwillingly) gave its life so that I may have a delicious dinner tonight.
- I am grateful to have shelter, transportation, food and all of life's necessities that we often take for granted.
- I am grateful for the Gospel and all that it has brought into my life.
- I am grateful for the temple and eternal marriages.
- I am grateful for answered prayers, even if the answer is not what I want it to be.
- I am grateful for the summer months that offer me a reprieve from horrible Michigan winters.
- I am grateful for each day that I wake up.
- I am grateful for 4 guys who each took 2 years of their life to go serve a mission in North Carolina 16 years ago.
- I am grateful to live in a country where I am permitted to have so many freedoms which are often denied in some other countries.
- I am appreciative that my husband has a job when there are so many who do not.
- I am doubly appreciative that his job allows him to provide for our family which allows me to stay at home with our daughter.
- I'm thankful for my health.
- I am thankful for the trials I have experienced in my life which have molded me into the person that I am and given me the strength to endure.
- I am grateful for my mom who is a pillar of strength and an amazing example of integrity and love.
- I am grateful for my dad who appears to be a rough and callous man on the exterior, but who I know loves his family more than anything else.
- I am grateful for banana bread, white chip macadamia cookies and vanilla ice cream (not necessarily at the same time).
- I am thankful for the opportunity I have to be in such a culturally diverse family. I tell everyone that I come from a small city in North Carolina with black people, white people and 5 Mexicans! It's an obvious exaggeration but never in my life did I dream I would have a Mexican mother, a Canadian Father, a Norwegian brother, a British grandmother, a Dominican cousin, a Kenyan cousin (and maybe one day a Peruvian sister). A piece of useless information: I used to refer to B as my Canican (CANadian + mexICAN).
- I appreciate the days when I have a clean house (they are few and far between).
- I am thankful for scented candles and tart burners.
- I am grateful for Facebook which has enabled me to reconnect with so many friends I had lost contact with and allowed me to become both a chef and a farmer...at the same time. haha
- I am thankful for good books, even if I don't have the time I'd like to read them.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Happy Thanksgiving
It's November and because this happens to be the month when we celebrate Thanksgiving it is also the month when people generally start to think of all the things that they have to be grateful for. I honestly express my gratitude for my life and all that I have on a daily basis but I wanna put a few of them in writing. So I have written one thing I am grateful for for each day of the month of November up until Thanksgiving day. Here's my list and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're awesome. I love your thankful list.
ummmmm..... you forgot your ghanian brother in law . what? we aren't family now??????lol
Post a Comment