Saturday, August 8, 2009

Y's Favorite Pastime!

If you would have told me that I, of all people, would have a daughter who LOVES the water I probably would have told you that you were insane. However, I do have a daughter that LOVES the water. While in NC I was able to spend a day with one of my best friends and she just happens to have a pool. When B and I would take her to the pool we would always just hold her in the water, and this was totally fine with her. But my friend had the cutest little "inflatable island" that Y just loved. When I asked her where she got it and she told me Dollar General for $6 I just had to get one - and I did! So here are some pictures that we snapped of Y using it in our pool.

Now for those of you who may be wondering why I would be so amazed that I would have a daughter who loves the water so much, it is because I am HUGELY afraid of water. This summer is honestly the first time I've been in anything larger than a bathtub full of water since i was probably 16 or 17 years old. I have seen how much Y loves to be in the water that it has motivated me to go buy a swimsuit (which I haven't owned in a very long time), get in a pool, AND (drum roll please) sign up for adult swim lessons. My fear of water goes WWWAAAAAYYYYY back but the thought of Y being in a pool that is too deep for me to safely rescue her should the need ever arise is enough motivation to get me to at least try to overcome that fear. All I can say is "wish me luck!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!!!! I'm so happy you're going to get swim lessons! That is completely awesome and I support you 100%. And Yanna is too adorable in that float! Glad you got one! :)
~Tish

EVANS in the "D" said...

I think you are awesome. Good luck with it. :)

Claudia said...

Good for you! Once you learn to swim, you'll realize that it comes so naturally that you won't be able to sink even if you want to.