Thursday, August 27, 2009

Vacation

It seems like I've been waiting for days to have the opportunity to sit down and write this post! Unfortunately, I am still working with Y to try and get her on an Eastern Standard Time schedule. It is proving to be a challenge to get her readjusted to the time here as well as getting her used to sleeping in her own crib.

We did have an awesome time in Utah visiting family though. We were only sad that the two weeks passed by so fast but were very pleased with the amount of stuff we were able to cram into that amount of time. I'd personally have to say that I really enjoyed going up to Snowbird the most. The elevation there is 11,000 feet and though I am horrified of heights I LOVED the view from up there. I was not, however, crazy about the ride up their on the tram. In fact, the entire time we were on the tram I had my arms and legs wrapped around a metal pipe that extended from the bottom to the top of the tram (as if the pipe would save me if something were to happen). While riding up they play this little informational message that gives you all sorts of information about the tram. One bit of information they shared was that the tram was suspended from two 54mm wires, I really did not need nor want to know that little bit of information. But on the way down I did manage to ride at the front of the tram where you get a much better view than I had when I was wrapped around that pipe!

We were also able take a trip to Las Vegas as well as visit the Hoover Dam. Vegas was okay but, aside from the heat, I really loved visiting the Hoover Dam. I'm not sure what the temperature was when we were there but I can tell you that my feet felt like they were on fire (and I was wearing shoes). It is truly amazing how they were able to build that structure. The rest of the time we spent visiting family, playing miniature golf, celebrating birthdays, bowling, and just driving around checking out random places. We had such a fun time with everyone there and it was also awesome to be able to finally meet all the adorable new babies that have joined the family in the last year. We took lots of awesome videos and pictures which most of you have probably already seen on Facebook. For those of you who haven't seen them, send me an email and I'll give you a link so that you can view them. I am really just to exhausted to do it tonight!

Now that we really have no other exciting plans for our summer I hope to be able to return to my regular blogging schedule but I make no promises. I will tell you that we are VERY excited that Y will soon be turning one and we get to celebrate her first birthday. Boy has time really flown and to be quite honest, I must say that I am beginning to think about baby #2. But don't go getting all excited yet, I used two very key words - thinking and beginning! And the use of those two words together buys me at least another 6 months, haha.

No comments: