As I said before, she's a great baby and we are so very grateful for her and the joy she brings into our lives. As I look back over the last 9 months I can't help but ask myself did I take the time to enjoy it? And for the most part I can say yes but there are times that I think I focused a little bit too much on some issues and trying to "fix" them. Breastfeeding stressed me out in the beginning but as I look back I am so very grateful that I stuck it out, I love that time we have together not to mention the bond that has formed. However, the strong focus I put on trying to get her to soothe herself to sleep without me and letting her cry-it-out (CIO), I probably wouldn't have focused so much on that. The CIO method never worked for her and she just ended up crying for hours on end and every time I got near her crib she would just cling to me. I have been trying another, gentler method and it seems to be working for us. Sometimes it involves my rocking her to sleep and other times I can just put her in her crib and stand near her as she puts herself to sleep. I think she is just one of those babies that needs her mommy a little more than others. And the biggest lesson that I've come to learn is that I'm perfectly okay with that!
Anyway, that's enough from me and it's time to move on to what you're all here for anyway - seeing pictures and video of Y. Enjoy!
I'll put the video first this time! This is one of her favorite things to do - she randomly screams for absolutely no reason at all!
Y learning to stand on her own 2 feet
Playing with her cookie jar of shapes
"Reading" her favorite book
Y's best effort to crawl the correct way
The end result of the crawl attempt
Preparing to go on a Rainforest safari.
Traipsing through the Rainforest
Exhausted...it's nap time!

1 comment:
cute cute! I can't believe it's been 9 months! She is beautiful!!
Post a Comment