My Blog List

Blog Archive

Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Highly Satisfied Customer



When I have a really positive or really negative customer service experience, I like to share it. So I must tell you about my experience with Fisher-Price this week.
Last year, while doing all of our baby registries we came across this Rainforest Waterfall Peek-a-Boo Soother and thought that it was pretty neat, so we registered for it. We received it as a gift at my shower in North Carolina last summer. Y absolutely loves it! It attaches to her crib and it really is a soother because no matter what it calms her down. The toucan is the button that turns it on, it blows little bubbles and makes the fish move, the monkey and the frog play peek-a-boo behind the bushes and there is a little waterfall that lights up and moves to make it look like a real waterfall. It has tons of different modes that you can use it on and change the settings depending on what you want it to do. Well a few weeks ago after changing the batteries, I noticed that the animals no longer moved, nor did it blow bubbles, nor did the waterfall work. Basically the music still played, the lights still worked but no movement at all. So technically we could still use it, it just wasn't as much fun. At first I was okay with this but the more I thought about it the more upset I got. I mean, it's not quite a year old and it hadn't been damaged in any way, it just hung on her crib! So I checked the instruction manual and the website and nothing was mentioned about a warranty so I pretty much figured I was screwed. Well Y loves it so much that I started pricing it to see where we could find it the cheapest (for a little thing the $38-$45 price tag was a bit steep for me) and while on Amazon.com I started reading some of the reviews and one lady mentioned that after 2 years of owning it the animals started making a squeaking noise whenever they moved. She called Fisher-Price and they sent her a new one. So I decided to try my luck and I was completely ready to lose my temper (it works most of the time) if they didn't give me what I wanted (a replacement). Well I was completely surprised that they didn't give me ANY hassle at all. The only questions they asked me (aside from my mailing address) was where and when it had been purchased. Now THAT is what I call customer service!!! Y has several toys from the Rainforest collection and she loves them all so I am very happy to know that should I have a problem with any of them in the future I can call and the problem will be fixed. This is especially a relief because those Rainforest toys are freakin' expensive!! So if you ever have a broken F-P toy, try calling before tossing it out...it's worth a try!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You lucked out. I wish my kids could have had that toy. It looks really cool.