My Blog List

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

6 Months Old

Yep, our baby is 6 months old already, time has really flown by! This has without a doubt been the most stressful event of my life but that should really be no surprise. Given it all I will say that this has also been the greatest experience of our lives (I think it's safe for me to speak for Brandon on that too). I am enjoying every moment and have a lot to look forward to. Anyway, as for Yanna's rash she's doing a lot better now. The rash on her body is leaving now and the place on her scalp is healing and the old dead skin has shed to reveal new healthy skin - so we're making a lot of progress. I could definitely tell it was healing over the past several days because it had been itching her really badly to the point that she would awake in the middle of the night crying while moving her head from side-to-side trying to scratch it. She ended up sleeping in bed with us for a couple of nights which meant that I got very little sleep. I'm am happy to announce that last night she did sleep the full night in her crib again, whew!!!

She is 16 pounds now and around 27 inches long. She's not yet rolling over or sitting up completely on her own but it's something we're working on. It's probably at least partially our fault since we haven't been very persistent with tummy time and letting her sit up on her own. Most times we would either have her in our laps, on the floor on her gym on the her back, in her exersaucer, in her jumperoo or in her swing. So now we've been throwing tummy time into the mix and she doesn't mind it as much as she used to. She has rolled over a few times but not enough to really have figured out how to do it. Either that or she just doesn't want to do it. Anyway here are some tummy time pictures as well as some pictures that I took today on her 6 month-day!

Tummy-Time:



Happy Month-day:


Video:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I appreciate all the pics you have posted on your blot. Y is such a beautiful baby as is Gabby, and being able to log onto your blog gives me some comfort in seeing her grow older. The pics helps me to be apart of her life even at a distance. I look forward to the times we will see each other and I will get to hold her. The in between times of hearing her voice over the phone and the pics are truly a blessing. I love you guys very much.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad she's feeling better! What a cutie! 6 months was when my boys just barely started to sit up on their own, and it just sort of came out of nowhere- one day they couldn't do it at all, and the next day, they were pretty good at it, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Tummy time is good for them, though. I was religious about it with J, and it really helped him to be stronger- he didn't fall over nearly as much as A did when he finally sat up.