My Blog List

Friday, March 20, 2009

Growth Charts

Every time we go to the pediatrician for Y's well baby visits the nurses measure her height, weight and head circumference. When the doctor comes in he then tells me, among other things, what percentile she falls in. This was always really interesting to me. Well I've found the charts online for any of you mothers (or fathers) out there that are interested. They differ for girls and boys so be sure to look at the correct one. They're even .pdf files so you can save them for reference later. I even found out that at birth Y was off the charts for height, she was 22 inches (the chart only goes to the 97th percentile). Here's the link: Growth Charts. Maybe I'm just a nerd, but I find these very interesting and if your child is older than 36 months they even have the ones that go from 2 to 20 years.

No comments: