Our Valentine's weekend was pretty nice, it was our first with a baby so it was slightly different. On Friday night our ward had an adult game night at church but since Y is still nursing we took her with us. On Saturday, Bran had to work but once he got home I drove to Olive Garden to pick up our meal (which I called in earlier in the day). We decided that we didn't think we wanted Y to be out and about crowded around so many people. When I went to pick up the food I was certain we made the right choice! Maybe next year when she's eating people food we'll go out again. Dinner was great, typically on V-Day we go to Carrabba's but we switched it up this year since we hadn't been to Olive Garden for a number of years. It's great living in such a large metropolitan area because there are so many options of places to eat that you can literally go a super long time without having to eat at the same one twice. As for gifts, I typically can't wait to get or give my gifts so very rarely do we end up waiting until V-day to exchange. I ended up getting a little money to put towards the Wii (and a game) and B got the first season of King of Queens.
Y received her gift from my mom and dad this week. It is actually her Christmas gift but they just went online to walmart.com to have it shipped to us, so she just received it this week. I'm honestly glad that it took so long because we've been gradually letting her play with her gifts so that she thinks she's getting something new all the time (maybe that's a bad thing). She loves her exersaucer and has recently learned how to turn herself around in it to play with one of the millions of toys on it (a slight exaggeration). However, with her new toy...our living room is maxed out! She has the new Rainforest Jumperoo, the Rainforest Gym, the Rainforest bouncer, and the Triple Fun Exersaucer all in the living room...and that's only the big toys! She has about 10 other smaller toys laying around and as I think about it I'm thinking that we should buy stock in a battery factory because all of her toys, big and small, all use batteries. I can't wait until we reach the baby doll stage! Anyway, here are some pictures and a video of her in her new toy. We finally figured out how to convert the video files from our camcorder to a format accepted by blogger, then after we converted it we greatly had to shrink the filesize in order to upload it to blogger so the quality may be shotty at best. BE SURE TO TURN THE MUSIC OFF IF YOU WANT TO HEAR THE VIDEO!
I think these are probably the most ADORABLE pictures ever.
These were taken in the morning after she woke up...all I can say is "Fear the 'Fro!"
The Jumperoo!
She looks like she's saying, "are you kidding me, mom?"
Looks like she's practicing some sort of cheer in bottom picture!
Last, but not least...Y meets the jumperoo!
1 comment:
An "adult game night at church?" Have you started going to MB Jefferson's church? LOL.
Post a Comment