My Blog List

Blog Archive

Monday, February 9, 2009

This Little Piggy Cried Wii, Wii, Wii...All the Way Home!

I have wanted a Nintendo Wii for the longest time now and I finally got one. I've wanted one for the past two years at least but could only justify spending that much on something if it were a joint Christmas present. However, we've known that we wanted Y for that amount of time so we'd end up buying something that we felt we needed when she was born. So one Christmas we purchased a digital camera so that we can take really good pictures of her (my old one really sucked...it was only 3 mega pixels). And this past Christmas we purchased a new camcorder so we could take really good videos of Y (if you haven't noticed yet, our world revolves around Y)! So I've been wanting this Wii for a long time and didn't really want to wait until Christmas so in January I informed Brandon that he was not to buy me a Valentine's Day gift, instead he was to put the money he would have spent on my gift aside because I was saving for a Wii. In fact I told him that any gift he would give me throughout the year (Mother's Day, Graduation, Birthday, etc.) he had to give me cash. I went a step further and told all our family members that if they were to get me a gift...give me cash. Well now, they no longer have to give me cash...my sister (and mother) bought me my Wii. They said it is an early graduation gift...I think I'll drop out now! haha...just kidding. 143

3 comments:

RACHEL said...

ha ha, that is too funny, i love how you are like i'll drop out now! your family would kill you! :)

Anonymous said...

Don't stop now!!
Keep asking for the cash, remember there are many games to buy still.
By the way it was fun playing with you.

David and Jana said...

Congrats! It sounds like something you wanted REALLY bad! :)
The name game, doesn't that just go on and on? For us it was the girl names we couldn't agree on.
As for nursing bras, there really are some out there that aren't too bad. My favorite was from Motherhood. As long as its the right size (which changes so often).
I love the Mother poem. It is beautiful. Isn't it amazing how nothing anyone can say can help you understand how it feels to be a mom until it happens to you? I love it and I am so glad I can be part of such an important work. And Y is adorable, I love the pony tail. :)