Monday, March 17, 2008

A Visit with My Dietitian

Well I guess all I can say is thank goodness I'm good with numbers! I was given all these laws that I need to obey as far as my eating is concerned. I can have 17 Carbohydrate choices, 7oz mean/meat substitute and 5 servings of fat and I can break those up throughout the day however I see fit as long as it fits into 6 meals. So for example, for breakfast she recommends that I have 2 Carbohydrate choices, 1 fat choice, and 2oz of meat/protein. Well I don't know about you, but what is a carbohydrate choice? Does that mean I can have whatever carb I want as long as I only eat one of them?!?! Unfortunately not, it means that I can have 1 serving of carbs for every carb choice that I use. So how much is a serving of each...that's where my number crunching comes in for me but I won't bore you with that. Basically 1 serving of carbs is about equal to 1 slice of bread. And I am rewarded for eating fiber because I can subtract the amount of carbs I eat from the amount of fiber I eat...yay. But anyway, story short it is highly manageable but it'll take a lot of effort and responsibility, but if it means a healthy baby then it's worth it!

No comments: